The West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) was established to build the institutional and operational capacity of civil society in West Africa, through knowledge management, capacity development and policy influencing. WACSI seeks a committed, motivated and dynamic person to join its team in contributing to enhancing civil society’s efficiency and effectiveness in West Africa. The Officer will undertake activities that seek to strengthen the institutional and operational capacity of civil society organisations (CSOs).
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified persons for the under listed position:
Finance and Administration Officer
The Finance and Administration Officer will assist the Head of Finance Unit in the preparation of office accounts, and day-to-day financial management of the Institute.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Assist with receiving and record of all invoices in the Finance Office and preparation of vouchers with accurate backup documentation for approval;
· Keep records of invoices and all related payments.
· Maintain cheque book and bank balances on a regular basis, or as needed, identify and address account discrepancies;
· Review and process staff travel advances in accordance with WACSI guidelines and assure reconciliation of staff advances has sufficient documentation;
· Assist in preparing quarterly Financial reports for submission to Donors;
· Assist with the inputting of all project financial transactions in the financial management system;
· Assist in the preparation of budgets and monitoring of expenditure against budgets;
· Assist with the administration of staff payroll and initiate payments for all payroll liabilities;
· Maintain petty cash disbursement log, reimbursement requests, and all relevant receipts;
· Assist with processing of consultant and personal service agreements in accordance with WACSI and donor regulations; assure agreement conditions are met, and deliverables certified by responsible staff before making payment;
· Update property records of the Institute in the asset management system;
· Liaise with Admin and provide assistance with the coordination of activities related to travel and ensure compliance with funding regulations;
· Initiate action, prepare and follow-up on procurement requests;
· Provide assistance with programme/project implementation logistics;
· Any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the Head of Finance, Head of Admin & HR and the Executive Director.
Qualification & Experience:
Educational Qualification & Experience
- Degree in Business Management and Administration or a closely related field or ACCA/ICA level II;
- At least 3 years experience in similar position;
- Experience with non-governmental organizations and grants management;
- High proficiency in English and a working knowledge of French preferred.
- Ability to work quickly, effectively and productively under pressure, and able to prioritize and address multiple tasks;
- Commitment to the production of quality work;
- High standards of personal and professional integrity;
- Creative, hard-working and resourceful individual;
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and Word processing) and other accounting software;
- Effective teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Time-management and organization skills
Interested applicants must submit their application which should include the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application letter and Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Copies of certificates
- Names and contacts of 2 Referees
Closing date: October 31, 2021.
WHATSAPP JOB ALERT
Send your stories/articles to email@example.com or via WhatsApp on +233264317658/+233239200197
Get daily job alert on WhatsApp by joining our group
For more educative and entertaining videos,